1. Oven Baked Beet Chips Recipe
The absolute best Oven Baked Beet Chips Recipe you’ll ever try. We share a baked veggie chip secret that makes this recipe crispy and flavorful!
- 12 beets (red, golden, or mixed)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon celery salt (or sea salt)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F, and line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Scrub the beets well with a veggie brush and cut off the tops.
- Use a mandolin slicer to slice the beets paper-thin (1/16 inch.) When the beet slices are this thin, there is no need to peel them first. Hold the root end while dragging the beets across the mandolin and watch your finger tips closely.
- Place the beet slices in a large bowl and pour the oil and salt over the top. Toss well. (If using red and golden beets, place in separate bowls and divide the oil and salt evenly.)
- Ready for the secret step? Now let the beets sit in the oil and salt until they release there natural juices, about 15-20 minutes. This is what allows them to retain a better shape and color.
- Toss the beets again, then drain off the liquid. Lay the slices out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until crisp, but not brown.
- Test after 45 minutes and only bake longer if necessary.
- Remove the beet chips from the oven and cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
2. Beetroot Cutlet
Beetroot Cutlet is a easy, colorful and healthy snack / appetizer made from potato, beetroot and aromatic Indian spices. Crisp outside and soft inside.
- Beetroot – 1 large
- Potato – 2 medium
- Bread slices – 2
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (adjust per taste)
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp (adjust per taste)
- Jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
- Amchur Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Mint leaves – 1 Tbsp (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 2 Tbsp (finely chopped)
- All purpose flour – for coating
- Bread crumbs – for coating
Oil – for frying
- First cook the potatoes, roughly mash them and keep aside. Also, cook the beet root and grate it finely.
- Add the bread slices to a blender/mixie and grind into a dry powder
- Add the mashed potato, grated beetroot, salt, chilli, jeera, amchur, garam masala, mint, coriander leaves to a large mixing bowl. Now, mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Now, add the ground bread powder little by little and mix until you get a thick dough. I used powder from 2 bread slices.
- Add the all purpose flour to a small bowl. Add sufficient water to make a flour paste and keep aside. Spread the bread crumbs in a plate for coating and keep aside.
- Now heat a pan with oil for shallow frying and set the flame to Medium. While the oil is getting heated, take a small portion of the dough. Roll it into a log shape. Now dip the prepared dough into the flour paste and roll until fully coated.
Read more here: https://revisfoodography.com/2015/12/beetroot-cutlet/