Bacon and Eggs
Good old bacon and eggs, this time prepared in a new, fascinating way. This dish is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, it’s simply perfect for any situation.
- 3.5 oz = 100 g full-fat cream cheese without food additives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried organic thyme
- 6 hard-cooked organic extra large eggs
- 12 slices organic bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Prepare first the cream cheese filling: Combine the cream cheese and thyme in a small bowl and mix with a spoon until well mixed. Cover and set aside.
- Peel the eggs and cut them lengthwise with a sharp knife.
- Remove carefully the yolks and save them for another purpose (see the tip in the end of the post).
- Fill 6 egg white halves with the cream cheese filling. Cover with the remaining 6 egg white halves.
- Take 2 bacon slices per filled egg and wrap the eggs tightly in the bacon slices.
- Place the wrapped eggs on a shallow ceramic or glass baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Breakfast Burrito Bowl with Spiced Butternut Squash
A healthy Mexican-inspired breakfast burrito bowl made with roasted butternut squash, pico de gallo, egg and avocado.
- cooking spray
- 20-ounces butternut squash, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from ½ a lime
- Olive oil spray
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces Hass avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
Read more on skinnytaste.com
Low Carb Waffles
- 3 egg whites, or 2 egg whites plus 1 whole egg
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoon milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- sweetener to taste, optional (I used 1 packet of stevia)
Whip 2 of the egg whites to stiff peaks. You can either use a hand mixer, an egg beater, or a whisk if you want a workout. Once you have stiff peaks, stir in the coconut flour, milk of choice, baking powder, sweetener, and either 1 whole egg OR 1 egg white (depending on how much fat you want the waffles to have. I have used both successfully.).
Heat up your waffle iron to the highest temperature, and grease or spray it with nonstick spray. Pour in the batter (You can do it in two batches if you need to.), and cook in the waffle iron until browned, about 3-4 minutes. Pull it out, top as desired, and eat!
Thanks to foodiefiasco.com